Today's Lesson - Understanding the Internet
1. What is a computer network?
2. Identify the products and services needed to get on the Internet. Explain what each item does.
3. What is the purpose of a hyperlink?
4. Explain the parts on an e-mail address.
5. What is a mailing list?
Note-taking for Learning (summarizing each section and subsection of a chapter)
What is the Internet?
Building the Internet
Getting on the Internet
- Hardware and Software
- Internet Service Providers (ISP)
Internet Safety and Appropriate Use
- Using the Internet Safely
World Wide Web (www.)
- Web Browsers
- Electronic Mail (e-mail)
- Searching the World Wide Web
- Mailing Lists